Tuesday 14 February 2012

FOTD - February 14, 2012

Hi There,
Just a quick little post today. Thought I would give you a very quick face of the day. It's a typical work day for me which means this morning I pushed snooze one too many times and had to rush around to get ready. When I'm in panic mode, I always go for a standard makeup look that I have used before and know will work. A single colour all over the eyelid really cuts down time for me so I make sure to pick a pretty colour. The makeup I did this morning took me around 5 minutes and used an array of inexpensive products:
Eyebrows: Purminerals 3-in-1 Universal Mineral Makeup Pencil in Natural(but any eyebrow pencil will do, I got this in a set I purchased off the Shopping Channel over a year ago)
Eyeshadow: A peachy pink eyeshadow with a little shimmer from my e.l.f Studio Endless Eyes Pro Eyeshadow Palette, which you can find here.(if you don't want to order the full palette, Sunset will work or something you already have in your collection)
Highlighter: NYX jumbo pencil in Milk on my brow bone and inner corner.
Liner: Top lid has Physicians Formula Eye Booster in Dark Brown. Waterline has NYX Eye Pencil Slim in Black
Mascara: Combination of Lash Blast Volume Mascara and Lash Blast Lengthening Mascara in Black both by CoverGirl (You can get these mascara's at just about any drugstore or Wal-Mart)
Face: MAC Blot Powder in Medium Dark
Blush: e.l.f. powder in Peachy Keen
Lips: NYX lipstick in Heather
Quick and simple. When you read individuals makeup routines look through your makeup collection to find dupes you may already carry. You don't have to go out and buy MAC Blot Powder if you already have a facial powder you like using. The lipstick I'm wearing is a colour very similar to my natural lip colour, so if you already have a lipstick in that colour don't go out and buy a NYX one! Work with what you have! That way you wont have a million products you bought for specific looks, that end up going bad before you've even made a dent!


What are some of your go-to products that never fail?


Happy Valentines Day :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment